Main page content
DTM Building Poles offer builders and architects design flexibility and diverse opportunities for concepts that are both unique and naturally attractive.
Particularly adaptable for difficult and steep sites, pole frame construction is an effective building method that enhances both interior and external design features. DTM Timber is regarded as the largest supplier of hardwood building poles in Australia.
Features and Benefits
- DTM Building Poles provide a structural framework which penetrates from ground level as a support, to extend above the foundations providing attractive support columns.
- DTM Building Poles are treated to hazard level 5 (H5), conforming to Australian Standard (AS 2209). The preservative treatment increases the pole’s resistance to fungal decay and insect attack, making them suitable for in ground use in difficult and reactive soils.
- All DTM Hardwood Poles are naturally termite resistant timber as per AS 3660.1 - 2000.
|Lengths a (m)||minimum 1.8||maximum 15.5|
|Diameter b (mm)||150 - 200 | 200 - 250||250 - 300 | 300 - 350 | 350 - 400|
Species Application Durability Class Stress Grade
- Lengths below 1.8m and exceeding 15.5m up to 20.0m are available on request.
Range available allows for 0.3m increments.
- Diameter ranges shown are the minimum measurements taken from the smaller end.
|Spotted Gum||Suitable for pole platform construction||2|
|Red Ironbark||Suitable for both pole platform and pole frame construction||1|
|Grey Ironbark||Suitable for both pole platform and pole frame construction||1|
|Gympie Messmate||Suitable for both pole platform and pole frame construction||1|
|White Mahogany||Suitable for both pole platform and pole frame construction||1|
The strength and durability of DTM Building Poles continues to make it the ideal choice for:
- Pole home construction
- House stumps
- Bridge and wharf construction