Main page content
DTM Timber Treated timber piles have stood the test of time and have a proven track record for being the most durable, cost effective, reliable and robust pile available.
Now more than ever it is also important to acknowledge that timber piles are the most environmentally sensible choice.
Features and Benefits
- Timber piles are a renewable resource and are a carbon sink. They also provide savings in carbon emissions and transport costs due to their lighter weight compared to alternatives such as steel or concrete.
- Treated hardwood piles will often outperform equivalent concrete or steel piles in environments such as corrosive soils and areas where ground water is present.
- Timber piles have a natural taper usually in the order of 8 to 10 mm per lineal meter. This taper assists in the load carrying capacity of the pile especially compared to straight sided piles, e.g. steel and concrete as it provides extra friction and compaction.
- CCA treated Structural Piles
- CCA treated Wharf Piles
- 150, 180, 210 and 230 mm TOE
- Subject to availability 250, 280 and 300 mm TOE
- Other sizes available upon request
- 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 12.5 metres
- Other lengths are availale upon request
- All piles supplied comply with AS 3818.3-2010 Heavy Structural Products - Visually Graded - Piles.
- Piles are supplied to F27 strength grade. Other sizes, lengths and strength grades are available upon request.
- Piles supplied by DTM Timber conform to AS3818-1 and AS3818-3, and have been subjected to preservative treatment using Copper Chrome Arsenic Oxide to comply with AS1604-1 using an AS/NZS ISO Quality Management System, Certification No 857, audited and certified by Sci Qual International.
- DTM Timber Tiaro use a Quality Management System in accordance with AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008.
- Treatment is CCA H5 (AS 1604) level which is considered adequate for in ground use, extreme wetting and contact with or in fresh water and is highly resistant to insect and fungal attack.
- Piles are supplied in Durability Class 1 , and Durability Class 2 , F27 , strength group 1 and 2, as classified by AS 5604 and AS3818-1.
- DTM Timber Treated Timber Piles for marine applications in Southern waters are preservative treated to hazard class H6 using CCA in accordance with AS1604.1
- DTM Timber are able to offer either untreated or a limited range of H4 Tanilith-E treated piles for environmental sensitive areas upon request.